NARRATIVE REPORT FOR MIL FINAL OUPUT

NARRATIVE REPORT FOR MIL



Election is the process of putting someone in charge by means of the majority of the votes of the people. It also serves as the decorum when assigning a leader, by means of election. Election is being used in a certain organization or even in a simple group. This is being done to ensure hierarchy, superiority and order in a system. Election is used in the Philippines when choosing a leader, we choose our President by means of election. The Government also use election to elect the members of the Cabinet. Generally, we use election for any position to be assign, may it be locally, national, regional, etc. as long as it holds and possess certain responsibility. 
Today May 14,2018, we are currently on the process of electing our leaders for every Barangay's. There are two categories, The Barangay Officials and the  SK officials. The Barangay officials, is in charge for the whole barangay it may be that the SK officials are also under their umbrella. The SK officials or "Sanguniang Kabataan" are specifically the voice of the youths in a certain community. 
The candidates are allowed to campaign for a period of 1 week, started last May 7, 2018 and ended May 12, 2018 midnight. The campaign could be done by any means it may be in house to house, posting posters in the streets or even utilizing the internet to have an online campaign.
For me, the most effective campaign so that your credentials as a candidate will be widespread is campaigning online. Campaigning online could really boost you as a candidate because most of the people nowadays are easily attached to social media platforms may it be FB, twitter, instagram, etc. 
As a voter although I'm not yet registered but I know that I'm qualified. I've neglected my right of suffrage but it doesn't mean that I wont gonna be an advocate of it. I'm an advocate, I promoted the use of Media Information Literacy to raise awareness about our rights to suffrage on Facebook. I had created an info graph about our right of suffrage and many Netizens have seen it. At first I was insecure to post such thing like these maybe because I'm afraid to raise my voice about this issue but yes, my endeavor didn't stopped me. I had also raised awareness about the phenomena that is happening every election. The "vote buying" yes, we cannot avoid this issue but we are able to mitigate it because all people have conscience and sometimes their consciousness are greater than the will that they want to do. It may made them realize that selling their vote to somebody is just like selling their dignity as a voter. I found this idea also as dumb for the candidates because for I think that they don't have that much of assurance that their money will really worth it because how will they know that the persons in which they bought votes would vote them? Isn't dumb? Well for me, its dumb. Together with my partner Michael Ferrer, we did a little experiment to see in where is it effective to use, a meme but with sense of campaign or just a normal info graphic. I was not shocked from the result as the result showed that people are much more interested into memes than in just a simple info graph. This best explains also why people nowadays at social media are easily be entertained by memes for the fact that it is really interesting. The last day of campaign came, I endorsed my friend because he is runner for "SK Kagawad" in their baranggay. I endoresed him because I really know him. His vision and motive as well running is also clean basing on him as a person. 
In this activity, I developed a lot about myself. I became more open to some issues and my criticizing skills also leveled up a little bit. This task was quite challenging for at first I'm the type of person who doesn't post a lot about politics because I have just a limited understanding about things that goes around politics but then again, I conquered my insecurities regarding with the issue. At this moment, some results came and proclaimed that they are the winner and some is still keeping their hopes high. Whatever the result of the election would be, I hope that it would be for the greater good and not for their own good.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry No. 2

Writing A Book Report Story No. 1

Writing a Book Report Story No. 2